Saturday, October 20, 2012

Priyaa's Coriander Rice

Lunch for saturday should be different according to me. So I tried a simple rice variety with fresh coriander leaves. My husbands sambar and rasams all days in the week.

I wanted a relaxed, yummy lunch. Hence coriander rice. The taste was very good, light and filling.

Ingredients

For coriander paste

Coriander leaves - handful
Onion - 1 medium sized, finely chopped
Ching's Schzewan paste - 2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
Hing - a pinch
Salt as required

For Tempering

Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp

Main Ingredient

Steamed Rice 2 cups

Steps

1. Grind all the ingredients to make coriander paste
2. Heat the oil in the pan and add mustard seeds to it and let it burst.
3. Put the paste in the oil and saute till the oil seperates
4, Mix steamed rice with the paste well so that the rice are seperate
5. Serve hot with raitha

 

 

Yummy. I had this rice with a cup of Tomato Italian bread soup made by my hubby. He is the sweetest man ever.
 
 
Good food not only feeds but brings happiness on many levels.
True..
 

 

No comments: